New countries and new zones obtained official recognition of their disease status during the present World Assembly:
- seven countries were recognised as being “free from CSF” in Europe (Czech Republic, Denmark, Germany, Italy and Poland), Asia and the Pacific (New Caledonia, New Zealand) as well as a zone in Brazil;
- Latvia has been recognised as being “free from PPR”;
- Kazakhstan and the Philippines were recognised as being “free from AHS”;
- six countries in Europe, Africa and the Americas were recognised as having a “negligible risk in regard to BSE”; Namibia has become the first country in Africa to be awarded official disease status in regard to this disease;
- three countries were granted “free from CBPP” status in the Americas, Africa, and Asia and the Pacific, as well as a zone in Namibia;
- one new zone was officially recognised as being “free from FMD without vaccination”.
In addition, the World Assembly of Delegates endorsed the national control programmes for FMD submitted by Thailand, Mongolia and Kazakhstan.